5 Easy Christian Party Games Sure To Be A HitOn January 19, 2017 by abah guru
Christian party games can be hard to come by. When I was given the task to come up with Christian baby shower activities for my cousin’s shower, I was stumped at first. But then my aunt handed me a bible trivia book and the ideas started flowing.
That’s what I want to do for you today. Help you get your creative Christian game juices flowing. Here are five games that I have found will work in any setting. They are simple games and can be implemented easily. Each game is interactive and entertaining.
Use your imagination to make the games unique to your audience, event, and personal preference. But, just to get you started in the right direction, here are 5 Christian party game ideas that are sure to work at your next event:
- ELEVATOR TESTIMONY GAME: Great as a game or Christian icebreaker. Go around the room and have each person give a personal testimony in 30 seconds to 1 minute or less.
- WHAT FAMOUS CHRISTIAN AM I?: This game is really simple. Divide your group into teams. Next, read out loud the description of a biblical character, famous Christian artist, or Christian celebrity and give the team/individual a set time to answer the question. Or whomever answers the question first wins.
- BIBLE CHARADES GAME: Have an outgoing competitive group? Then bible charades is perfect. Bible charades is played just like any other charades game, but with a bible theme. Divide the group into two teams of at least three people each. Decide on a time limit – between 3 and 5 minutes – for each round. Prior to starting the game, groups should decide on specific hand signals and pantomimes that will represent books, movies, songs, etc.
- BIBLE BINGO: Bingo will always be a favorite. I’ve played bible bingo on so many occasions I can’t even count, but the point is it was fun and I could play it a million times and always enjoy it. The key to bingo is having great prizes (they don’t have to be expensive either). Create a bingo card and have your guests fill in the spaces with biblical topics like books of the bible, famous bible prophets, or names of women in the bible. Then call out names, books, etc. from your own pre-written list.
- I AM BLESSED ICEBREAKER: Simply go around the room and give each person the opportunity to complete the following sentence, “I know I am blessed because__________”. If you like, you can have your guests write their answers on index cards when they arrive and place them in a basket for a drawing some time during the event.
See what I mean, simple. Once you get a creative nudge in the right direction coming up with Christian games really is a snap. One caution though, keep in mind the personalities of your guests when selecting or creating games and activities. You don’t want to unintentionally alienate or offend anyone. Right?
If you have a group of shy or quiet guests, you may or may not want to play games that pull them out of their comfort zone, unless of course that is your goal. On the other hand, if you have a group of outgoing, rowdy guests, you may want to choose something more fast-paced and interactive.