Getting Back on eBay in One Day After an Unjust SuspensionOn December 24, 2016 by abah guru
You first of all you need to know that they have a cross link system, among other systems. You cannot use anything associated with your last account. Do not use your spouse’s name with the same address previously listed on the old eBay account because now that partner’s name is tagged. Don’t use that tagged partner’s name with a new address, because now that new address is tagged. Don’t use the same computer with the same IP to open a new account under a new name and address, because the new name and address is now tagged. Don’t use any software (turbolister etc.), pictures ads, or anything associated with your last account. You can sell the same products but for pictures always use eBay’s image hosting and always use different ads.
What happens is eBay’s tracking software looks for certain things in order to catch a suspended user opening another account and once It does It raises a red flag. Then a eBay employee will look into the red alert and If you didn’t take all the precautions they will easily catch the connection to your suspended accounts and suspend you again. If you follow the steps outlined here you’ll remain under eBay’s radar and your account will more than likely never even be reviewed by an actual eBay employee.
Not a registered user – this is the most shocking, distressing, anxiety causing situation for anyone that relies on eBay to make a living or supplemented income can ever experience. It’s like being fired from a job you love. You’re losing hundreds or thousands of dollars a week!
I have been suspended from eBay twice. Both times for being linked to suspended accounts I had nothing to do with. After being suspended I anxiously searched to find out what I could do and of course I could get no response from eBay. It’s very rare for eBay to reinstate a suspended account even If they find they made a mistake. eBay won’t admit any wrong doing on their part.
GET BACK ON eBay IN AS LITTLE AS ONE DAY!
Follow these instructions step by step or you’ll just get suspended again and have to start all over.
Many people think you have to re-format (reinstall windows) prior to opening a new account but I didn’t do it and so far I’m all good. As a precautionary measure it wouldn’t be a bad idea though. Especially if your pc is running really slow and your hard drive is full, reinstalling windows will make it run like new. If you want to do this and need help, email me and I’ll give you instructions and a copy of windows XP professional (for a small fee) if you need it.
It is a very rare occasion that eBay ever reinstates a suspended account, so even if you think you can prove your self innocent, it will take weeks to months and you have to give up all of your personal info. Copies of your birth certificate, social security card, drivers license etc. Even after all that you will more that likely still not get reinstated. eBay does not care about the small sellers.
1) Clear your tracks:
You’ll need to get a new IP and clear the spy’s, web-beacons and cookies.
Download Firefox with Google Toolbar. Firefox browser is an alternative to internet explorer. Firefox is free and is an absolute must! After you download, go to “tools” at the top of the browser, then click on “options” – “Privacy tab ” and check the box that says “Always clear my private data when I close Firefox”
eBay tracks and monitors your activities through your cookies. They also have the added advantage of monitoring your surfing habits with the cooperation of many associates and affiliates remotely monitoring your activities without you even being logged into eBay! Seems like an invasion of privacy to me but true never the less.
Aside from setting Firefox to clear all cookies and temp files every time I shut down, I also run a free program called crap cleaner which I have found the best for removing cookies temp files and more. I run It at the end of everyday and I always close fire fox after logging out of eBay to erase all cookies before I do any other surfing. This way eBay can’t track your activities. Believe me this is necessary if you don’t want eBay monitoring your surfing habits.
2) Change your IP Address
NOTE: eBay has launched a “Trusted Selling with Identity Confirmation” in efforts to fight the problems of account hijacking in which fraudsters take over users’ accounts to list scam auctions. This is proof that eBay monitors your computer! eBay said it has started recording which computers members typically use to conduct their buying and selling activity. In June ’08, eBay began verifying sellers are using the same computers they have used previously. If sellers list items using a different computer, eBay will make an automated call to the seller for confirmation so it is important to have a good phone number now. It is not difficult to obtain 2nd phone lines, virtual phone numbers, or cell numbers. This new system may also prompt the seller to verify their identity in other, as yet not specified ways.
There are a few ways to change your IP.
(If you have Dial-up your IP automatically changes every time you log on.)
Windows – Computer connected directly to the modem
1. Get to a command prompt. (START, run, cmd).
2. Type “ipconfig /release” (without the quotes, on the command line by itself).
3. Type “ipconfig /renew” (without the quotes, on the command line by itself).
Windows (second option) – Computer connected directly to the modem
1. Get to a command prompt. (START, run, cmd).
2. Type “ipconfig /release” (without the quotes).
3. Shut down computer.
4. Turn off computer.
5. Turn off all ethernet hubs/switches.
6. Turn off cable/DSL modem.
7. Leave off overnight.
8. Turn everything back on.
Network with Router
1. Log into the router’s admin console. (Often [http://192.168.1.1/])
2. Release the IP address. (Method varies by router manufacturer)
3. Turn off router, Ethernet hubs/switches, and the cable/DSL modem.
4. Leave off overnight.
5. Turn everything back on.
If you are using a cable/DSL modem and a router, you may wish to connect your computer directly to the cable/DSL modem. Please note that this could significantly impact your system security. This allows your ISP’s DHCP to issue you a new (hopefully changed) IP address based of the (hardware) MAC address of your computer’s Ethernet card.
If all the above has not worked to change your IP address and you have a router, check and see if there is a “Clone MAC Address” option. Using it should change your IP address; however, you’ll only be able to do it once (in most cases).
These will not work in all cases. If all else fails contact your internet service provider (ISP) and ask them if they are able to change your IP address or how long your connection needs to be off for your IP address to change.
3) Get a NEW email address: I suggest gmail.com
4) Get a new mailing address: UPS store, PO box, etc. NOTE: standard postal mail boxes are a flag, preferably use a non government ran mailbox.
5) Get a new phone number: new cell number, second line, is easy.
6) Fully uninstall all auction software, I use Vendio and eBay Turbo Lister, don’t use eBay Turbo Lister again for multiple accounts. For security purpose, download and use eBay Turbo Lister for ONE account only. there are other programs for your secondary accounts.
7) Create an account with auctiva free auction software, templates and image hosting will help your business. Auctiva’s has scrolling gallery that helps you cross-market and increase customer traffic. It saves you much time and money.
8) Create a auctiva token for each eBay account you have by using a new auctiva account for each.
9) Get a new prepaid or gift card. You can get PayPal verified without a checking account. I’m surprised more people don’t know about this.
You’ll need a debit card with a direct deposit option. I don’t know how many offer this but the one I use is I.C.E Visa. You’ll need 2 cards. First you’ll receive your temporary cards. You’ll have to wait until you receive your permanent cards to use them because the address wont match on the temp cards. Use one card to register PayPal and as a seller on eBay and use the other one to get PayPal verified. Your Ice cards come with a routing and checking number. you’ll enter these numbers as your bank account numbers and select the add funds to your PayPal account to verify option. Then when they add the funds to your card your verified and they are none the wiser.
1. Use Firefox instead of internet explorer to adequately remove your cookies and surfing tracks. The reason to delete your browser cookies and saved passwords is because eBay leaves cookies on your PC with your eBay user name and password and some browsers automatically log you in which could obviously jeopardize any new account you establish.
2. Uninstall any eBay related software such as turbolister
3. Change your IP address
4. Use a friends Id. Create a new identity that you can also use everywhere else, not just on eBay.
5. Get a new email address, Gmail or yahoo and ad this to your PayPal account to prevent connection with old email address for accepting your eBay payments.
6. Get a new phone number or as they simply put it use call forwarding to save you the hassle of changing your existing number such as (tollfreeforwarding.com) or get prepaid cellphone.
7. Get a gift card credit card which has visa or MasterCard logo.
8. Then apply for new your eBay and PayPal account using total new identity information. To verify your account if you are a seller you need to enter bank details and unfortunately the majority of these publications advise using bogus information to do this. (to my surprise and ethical delight this is not always necessary though)
9. Make sure you use eBay image hosting instead of on your own server. Every image you use can be identified right down to what type of camera was used if necessary.
10. Start selling slowly.
11. Don’t use anything at all that was related or that you used on a suspended account. Pictures, etc.
Good luck with your love hate relationship with eBay.