How would you like to be a veritable sponge for absorbing information, learning and retaining whole volumes and libraries of information with the ease of a whole host of academics, shocking everyone with your knowledge, winning game shows and sweeping the local pub quiz nights with your quick banter, encyclopaedic brain and almost vast and endless pits of knowledge? Now you can as well with the technology called subliminal learning. What happens is that our minds are quite limited in the learning department, no matter how much we think we can learn. This is because of the cognitive processes that exist in our mind and how we each retain and learn information is different from person to person.
To be truly technical in the matter, it can be safely said that the brain has the capability for almost limitless learning; it has memory banks that seem to have no limit and a memory system that is almost perfect. The only hurdle to accessing this is of course human limitations and the fact that the brain does not function solely as a learning tool for the human being. It also co-ordinates our limbic system, our psychological systems and our human central nervous and emotional processes. Our day-to-day bodily functions also come into the purview of our brain and the cerebral cortex – but all this is not to say that we are incapable of multi tasking. We are, but as the brain concentrates on more than one function at a time, then we might have a diluted experience as our brain capacity is stretched too thin.
Then we must also think about the possible distractions like emotional stress, depression, hyperactivity, learning problems and attention deficit disorders that exist in small quantities throughout people across the world. What needs to be done is to focus the brain into a state that is optimal for both learning new data and information as well as retaining the information as well. We can achieve this through subliminal learning, which is a method that leans the brain into a constant state of learning and absorption. The combination of our vision and our memory system means that the brain has an almost photographic memory, which is available in all of us – the key is in unlocking it.
While ‘remembering’ the information, more and more is absorbed and more is learned at the same time. This can even be done when the individual is asleep, meaning that erudition is a non-stop 24-hour process. Absorbing knowledge better with subliminal learning is indeed possible, as the technology is widely available everywhere you turn. All it takes is logging onto the internet and searching for the right keywords, which is often something along the lines of ‘self improvement’ or ‘subliminal learning’.
Always make sure you do some in-depth research as well when it comes to subliminal CDs and mp3s; go for the ones that have the most rave reviews and third party recommendations. With this, you will have the advantage of topping your class, impressing your friends and be the overall smart guy or girl in your group.
In our quest to make it on one income, in a two income world, stay at home moms have been bombarded with various work-at-home opportunities and thinly veiled scams. It can get quite frustrating trying to weed out the real opportunities from the ones that will cost you much time and even more money.
Most legitimate work at home opportunities revolve around the direct selling or MLM industries. While both of these opportunities can be excellent sources of income, not every stay at home parent is a sales person. Some parents do not feel comfortable speaking in front of a group, or asking family and friends for sales, or to join their program.
Working from home does not mean having to join a Direct Sales or Network Marketing company.
But, most stay at home moms need, or could use, a little supplemental income. So what kinds of opportunities are there out there for non-selling people?
The first thing you need to do is figure out how much income you need. Are you looking to replace an income? Or maybe you’re looking for a little extra money for lunch out with your friends. Whatever your specific income needs are, there are opportunities out there for you.
If you are just looking for a little extra pocket change, you may find yourself interested in supplemental income ideas like:
–Pet Sitting or Walking
–Online and Offline Surveys
Most of these pocket change ideas require little physical or mental effort, and are great for those who are short on time. The payment averages as low as $5-10 for a survey or mystery shop, to as much as $250 for an in-depth focus group participant.
Substantial Supplemental Income
If your supplemental income needs are greater, and you would like to replace an income, or maybe use the extra money for savings or to pay off bills, then the following ideas may be of interest to you.
–Selling on eBay
–Freelance Writing or Photography
–Creating a Content Website
–Professional Services like Massage Therapist, Personal Trainer, Travel Agent or Childbirth Doula
–Becoming a Surrogate Mother
To earn substantial supplemental income, you would need to invest time, effort, and energy into creating a long-lasting income source. Like Direct Sales and Network Marketing, most of these supplemental income ideas require perseverance and dedication, and will not begin to produce income the day that you start working. But, if you work hard on any of these ideas, they can easily fill your supplemental income needs.
It is also important to note that most of these opportunities will require you to invest some money to get started. Whether this money is simply on supplies for your personal use, or its on education, software, or other various programs, it’s hard to find the proverbial “free lunch” nowadays. Be prepared to outlay at least a small amount of money on even the legitimate opportunities. Of course, those out to take advantage of you and trick you out of your hard earned money will also go this route. Fully investigate each opportunity before you invest in it.
There are ways for us to exist on one income in this country! We just need to think outside the box, and most importantly, we need to find the supplemental income idea that fits us best.
In "On Networking Groups – Part One", I spoke briefly about the four types of networking groups. Now, let's take a look at a category of networking groups.
One category that most people are familiar with is the Chamber Of Commerce. Chambers serve a long standing role in the business community. It is a role of development and support. A Chamber Of Commerce can offer business both small and large with networking opportunities, training programs, legislative assistance and a host of other benefits. A Chamber Of Commerce can be a local, statewide, national, or international organization with separate memberships for each. If you belong to an area Chamber of Commerce, you do not belong to a state or national Chamber. Each plays their own role in the business community.
Some Chambers of Commerce take more of a role in the community to influence policy while others may focus more on business development. Most of them however have a wealth of information for the member that goes unused by most.
For example, let's say you have a business and you have a question about a city ordinance that relates to your business. Most often a Chamber of Commerce can provide you with the answer to your question. Each of them has a database of members that can often be accessed through some point. Usually computers are made available to members with databases that can be searched for information on other members.
When looking for networking opportunities within a Chamber Of Commerce, most people think only of leads groups or the common after hours. The reality is that any function hosted by a chamber of commerce holds opportunities for networking with other business owners and business leaders.
Chambers of Commerce generally have a annual membership of several hundred dollars for an individual or company. There are various levels of membership that can be had. Most Chambers offer an executive level membership that includes exclusive meetings between a more elite level of business people. When looking for this type of prospect, you can often gain access to them by joining at this level. The problem you might have is actually paying for this level or attending the functions as they are provided.
I and many other experts on networking recommend anyone who networks to be a member of several groups. This should include a Chamber of Commerce. Keep this in mind when considering a Chamber of Commerce. If you are involved in your community in other business networking organizations like the Rotary Club, a local Merchant's association, or smaller networking group, you might want to consider joining a Chamber of Commerce in another part of town. This will make you a part of that community as well and open the doors to increased prospects and opportunities.
In any event, you should always attend a Chamber of Commerce function in any area several times and find out what types of assistance they can offer for the growth of your type of business. Do not join any group just for the sake of joining a group. Find out what types of members attend the functions that are offered to determine the amount of exposure you will have to your target prospect.
When you attend a Chamber of Commerce meeting for the first time, look for the most popular person in the room, the one who everyone sees to want to talk to and get to know them first. This way you will make faster connections to the rest of the group. Often the leaders of the group can help you to get in the mix quicker.
Look for people who do what you do and analyze their strengths and weaknesses for opportunities to build alliances with them. If they have been a member for a long time, it is likely that they have most of the business in their industry at this point in time. It is hard to compete in such circumstances, so try an alliance before you bang your head against the wall trying to compete or just giving up.
Chambers of Commerce have been around for many years and there are all types, including minority and international. Be sure to visit many before deciding which to join and your membership dollars will serve you better.
If you own a fleet of boats for personal or commercial purpose, it is important to consider its safety and security. First, you must take a proactive approach and note down the serial number including hull and engine number of each vessel.
Second, you must install a portable and compact boat tracker for live tracking purpose. It can definitely protect it from theft because it has got some useful technical features.
#1 – Easy To Use
• A tracker is a light-weighted device and does not consume much space. It is very easy to install the device inside the engine or near to the battery.
• You just need to connect it directly to the power source to start live tracking immediately.
#2 – Centralized Fleet Management
• If you run a commercial fleet business, you can use the fleet management console to add employees and boats easily.
• You can assign employees against multiple boats for monitoring purpose.
#3 – Live Tracking
• It is very easy to track the fleet through your laptop or mobile from a secure login.
• You can set geofencing limits from the web console to get automatic SMS alerts on your phone if the boat leaves outside the set geographical perimeter area.
• It is also possible to review the route history and play the animated map replay option to retrace a vehicle’s route for a date and time interval. You can also find the time and the boat’s estimated speed.
#4 – Driver Efficiency Management
• A robust tracking device will calculate the rating of driving behavior and send a customized report.
• The report will include the driver’s violations of the basic functions (over-speed, geofencing, and excessive idle etc.) and penalty points received against each case.
• You can give statistical feedback to each driver or employee.
• It will help to run a lean and productive business operation unit.
• It also reduces the chances of theft as drivers and employees will remain alert and attentive due to the system’s automated algorithms.
#5 – Reports
• You can extract customized reports in graphical and statistical format for detailed trip history, SOS button events log, fall detection sensor log, fuel status, and speed violation instances to monitor, supervise, and protect the boats from theft.
• You can even schedule reports and receive them on your smartphone easily. It will save time and resources.
#6 – Remote Shutdown
• The tracker provides the option to remotely immobilize or shut down the boat power system.
• You just need to send an SMS from your mobile phone to shut it down and prevent any unauthorized use.
#7 – Two-Way Communication
• You can easily connect the tracker to a microphone and speaker for a seamless two-way on-demand communication.
• It is very easy to talk to the driver and listen from any remote location.
• You can record the conversation and listen to it through a 3rd party software integrated with the tracking system.
It often happens to me as a plumber. After I repair a faucet and the homeowner turns the faucet lever for the first time they are amazed. “The faucet turns so easily!” they exclaim. What is amazing to them is not that the faucet works so easily after repairing, but that they had never noticed that it was not working well until it either leaked terribly, or was impossible to move the handle.
Think about it. You walk into the kitchen or bathroom and, as you have done thousands of times before, you reach for the handle of the faucet and turn on the water. Notice anything? Probably not. The water flows; you turn it off and go on your way. Because you use the faucet everyday, what you don’t notice is that gradually the internal parts of the faucet gain a buildup of minerals from the water, and the parts wear. This causes the internal parts to resist movement and thus, the handle is increasingly difficult to move. Think of it as arthritis in the faucet joints.
The good news is that you can save a lot of money by repairing the faucet yourself. Now, don’t let plumbing scare you. With a few common tools and some guidance, even the novice can accomplish the task and become a hero to your spouse or friend. Following, I have listed a few simple steps to help you repair a single lever faucet. I am only detailing the repair of a single lever faucet in this article because the steps for repairing this faucet are unique and I don’t have the space here to explain a multi lever faucet.
Please read the entire article before beginning the repair process. Once you begin the actual repair, you can then refer back to the individual steps to refresh your memory.
Single lever faucet repairing steps:
1) First of all, determine the brand and type of faucet you are repairing; if you can actually locate a brand imprint on the faucet that helps immensely. There are over 100 different brands and makes of faucets, and most of them take different parts. If you can’t find a name on the faucet, a great help is a digital camera. Take a picture of the faucet and show the picture to the plumbing supply store clerk. Odds are, when an experienced clerk sees the picture, he or she will know immediately what brand it is.
2) Once you know the faucet brand, or have a photo, you can purchase the necessary repair parts. You can either go to the big box type stores or a local hardware; they each have their own particular strong points. Describe the symptoms of the sick faucet to the clerk. Is the handle difficult to move? Does the faucet leak water around the base of the spout? (Kitchen faucets are notorious for this.) The clerk should know which parts to give you and may save you from having to make multiple trips to the store because you have the wrong parts. If you are repairing a Moen brand faucet, it is a good idea to purchase a “puller” tool to remove the old cartridge. There are differing types of cartridge removal tools; an inexpensive plastic design is available or more expensive heavy duty metal ones. For the homeowner, the cheaper plastic one should work just fine. You can accomplish the faucet repair without one, but using the removal tool makes life a LOT easier. (When making repairs, the lowest priority for me is saving a few cents on parts. I would much rather frequent a store or supplier that stocks a wide variety of quality parts and employs knowledgeable and helpful staff.)
3) TURN OFF THE WATER TO THE FAUCET. Did I emphasis this enough? Before you disassemble the faucet, turn off the water supply. Usually, there are small chrome or brown valves inside the sink cabinet toward the back. If you are like every other American I have ever worked for, the sink cabinet will be packed full and those valves will be buried under every kind of cleaning and shampoo bottle imaginable. Toss in a hair dryer, makeup, spare soap and toothpaste and…well, you get the idea. Dig through the debris and locate the valves. If the valves won’t turn easily, you may have to find the main water shut-off valve for the house and turn off the water there. If you need help in finding the main water valve, check out the article on how to do this at my website.
4) Once the water is off, close the drain stopper on the sink. This little trick was taught me by another plumber over 30 years ago. The reason for this? Most likely, while disassembling the faucet, you are going to drop a small screw or gasket and the closed stopper prevents the small part from disappearing down the drain. Brilliant. Before disassembling the faucet, if you want or need a detailed, illustrated breakdown of your particular faucet and its parts, these illustrations can usually be found on the manufacturer’s websites.
5) Remove the handle. There is often a removable plastic lid which covers the handle screw. Pry off the lid and remove the screw. Some handles are attached by a set screw on the side of the handle instead of the top. Look the handle over, with a little investigating, it should be obvious.
6) Once the handle is removed you will see some type of device which secures the replaceable parts in place. Sometimes this is a horseshoe shaped metal clip that slides out. Other times it is a type of round threaded cap that unscrews. Remove the retaining clip or cap.
(Some brands of faucets have a surrounding sheath that encircles the horseshoe clip. This tube needs to be removed first, and then the horseshoe shaped ring can be slid out. To remove the sheath either it is designed to unscrew or to be pulled off by grasping with pliers and pulling toward you. After the sheath is removed grasp the tab of the horseshoe clip with pliers and carefully slid it out by pulling it to the side. These parts should remove easily.)
7) Now, you should see a plastic or brass cartridge that can be removed by pulling it out. If this is a Moen faucet, this is when you use the removal tool. Follow the directions found on the tool packaging. Be careful not to damage the faucet body itself during this process. Some faucet brands contain a plastic or brass ball here instead of a cartridge. Lift or pull this part out. Under the round ball you should see two small rubber seats and springs. Remove them. (In this step, all parts removed should match the new parts which you picked up at the store.)
8) Once the old parts or cartridge are removed, it is a good idea to use a flashlight and peer inside the faucet where the old part used to live. See any pieces of debris or broken pieces of the old cartridge in there? If so, use needle nose pliers to remove it.
9) You can now install the new parts and work your way backwards through the steps as you reassemble the faucet, remembering to replace all retaining clips and rings. If you have any parts left over, take the faucet back apart and figure out where they go before turning the water on. Take your time and you should be just fine
10) This is the most important step. After the faucet is reassembled, the water is back on and you have tested it to make sure it works well, show off your work to your spouse or friends. Watch their reactions as they marvel at how well the faucet works. Now, YOU are the hero, not the plumber you would have had to pay to make the repair.
The author maintains no liability for work performed by readers of his articles. The plumbing repair articles are meant to be a helpful general guide for the homeowner.
Do you want to learn to sing? That should go without saying, or you would not be reading this. A lot of people would give their right arm to have a singing voice that other people envy. Well, have no fear. We can quickly cover several hints to better help you to learn to sing. When you finish reading this, you should see a great improvement in your voice.
An error that plagues a lot of singers is not opening their mouth enough. Follow the logic here. With your mouth not being open, are you going to be able to make enough sound? Simple answer, right? So why do you think that when singing you should just barely open your mouth? Take a look at some opera singers and take note of how their mouths are open. Make sure your mouth is wide open. Do not be worried about looking foolish, because that is not important, right?
Another big problem singers have is timing. Now, unless you are singing A cappella, you should not have an issue with timing. A straightforward way of making this happen is to tap your feet in time to the beat, if background music is available. Nobody will even know and will make it easier for you to keep the beat. Also, make sure you follow your accompanist. They are there to help you.
Another critical lesson for everyone that wishes to learn to sing, your voice is not going to be suitable for every song. Not only will your voice have a specific range, your vocal style is also important. You will never hear Josh Groban trying to belt out a rendition of "You Shook Me All Night Long". Your voice should be the determining factor in the songs that you learn to sing. It is really simple to do. Pick out any song and give it a shot. If you are not comfortable with it, choose a different song that may fit you better.
Many people spend most of their life on some kind of diet. Unfortunately, most people do not stick with a diet long enough to see the fruits of their labor. If you are constantly switching from one diet to another out of frustration, you may never be able to lose your belly fat and keep it off.
Too many people are a victim of this mentality and they think they are beyond hope, and just give up on dieting altogether. The real truth, however, is that it’s not as difficult to lose belly fat as you might have thought. One reason many people think it is so hard is because of the propaganda and misinformation that has been fed to us by people who want to sell us some new diet or new exercise program.
Remember that if a company is selling you a diet or exercise product, they are probably not going to want to lose you as a customer. Because of this, the products they sell you often have short term benefits and weight loss but ultimately you put the weight back on and keep yourself as their customer buying the next diet program or exercise routine.
The reality is that it is possible to lose belly fat and keep it off for good and you don’t need a fancy diet program or exercise guru to sell you some magic pill to do it. There are two main exercises you need to do to get rid of your belly fat effectively.
The first exercise is a fitness exercise program that will turn your body into a fat burning machine. The primary exercises you need to focus on are ones that strengthen your core muscles and your leg muscles. By focusing on these muscles, you will be building up lean muscle tissue in the largest muscles in your body. This will cause you to burn fat at a higher rate than you normally would and maintain that rate. Do not try to focus on your belly fat right away because your body will burn that fat last and you will get discouraged. Build up your leg and core muscles by doing squats and deadlifts. This gifts your body a chance to reduce fat all over your body, including your belly.
The second exercise is an exercise of willpower that will require you to think more intelligently about the foot you eat. There’s no way you will lose weight if you consume more calories than you burn. This doesn’t mean you have to eliminate all your favorite foods — just realize the impact that that slice of pizza is going to have and limit your quantity of food. Initially focus on reducing your intake. As you build muscle mass, your body will be screaming for more food and then you can gradually increase the quantity of food. Also, it doesn’t hurt to eat an apple or some broccoli from time to time either.
By doing these simple physical and mental exercises, you will be able to not only increase your metabolism and burn fat faster but you will begin to think about food differently and start to crave foods that help energize your body and mind. It does take time and practice but the end results are often well worth it.
What is a climax in music? A climax is essentially the most intense and emotional part of a phrase. It is not necessarily the highest or the loudest tone, but it is the most emphatic one in the cycle of a performance phrase or a musical section. There is always a beginning, a climax and an end. The climax can occur at any point between the beginning and the end of the cycle, but usually occurs in the middle.
To really get a grasp of what a climax cycle is, let’s take some nonmusical examples. Let’s take laughter, for instance. While one is laughing, they hit a point where the laughter is most emphasized, usually followed by some sort of breathlessness (especially in the case of deep laughter) and winds down. The emphatic part is the climax. Another example would be drinking a glass of water. In the actual motion of the glass, which is changing from one point in space to another, when the bottom reaches the highest level of elevation, it technically marks the climax of that cycle. A third example would be, say, a party or an event of some sort. It may take months to plan but when the day comes and the ceremony happens, that is the climax of that cycle.
As a musician plays several phrases in any given piece of music, they hit several climaxes. This actually varies from performer to performer and is perhaps one of the most distinguishing factors in a musician. As music is not just some mechanical action and involves sense and feeling, including emotion, determining the climax and bringing it out is more of a human element than “just a mechanical” element. Therefore, it is an essential aspect for musical performances of any kind. Unfortunately, however, it is all too commonly neglected, which results in mostly mechanical “performances” which do not impart any meaning to the listener, thus actually violating the very principle of music!
How, then, can a musician remedy or improve this? There are two movements which one can do that will help you gain a sense about this. They are not just theoretical, but involve actual practical doing. Try it whether you are a musician or not. First, turn your hand so that the palm is facing up and make a fist. While listening to one performance phrase, gradually and slowly open your hand, extending it until you perceive the climax in that phrase, wherever you personally perceive the climax to be. Your hand should be entirely open and you should see your palm when the climax happens. Then gradually close your hand into a fist shape again while the cycle of that phrase ends after its climax. Repeat this action with that same phrase, over and over, until your movement is in sync with that climax cycle. Try this with other phrases as well until you feel you can do this easily.
The other movement is called “fountain like”. To do this movement, first stand up. Take one phrase and, while listening to it, gradually and slowly lift your arms above your head, much like a fountain. Your arms should be extended toward the ceiling when you perceive the climax. Then drop your arms loosely, thus concluding the embodiment of that cycle of the phrase. Again, repeat this action with that same phrase, over and over, until your movement is in sync with the climax of that piece. Try this with other phrases as well.
By doing these two movements (especially the “fountain like” one), you will actually reach a higher awareness of the climax, and, if you are a musician, this will make a marked improvement in your own ability to perform emotionally as well as technically, no matter what level you are. Please note, you will only fully comprehend this by actually DOING these movements, not just hearing about them. This is very crucial. For example, one can explain all they want what an apple tastes like to you, but if you have never actually eaten one, you will never truly understand the taste. Well, the same philosophy applies here. It is that important for one to actually DO this.
This is all part of a philosophy known as “movement education” or “body in performance”, developed by Dr. Alexandra Pierce, Professor Emeritus, University of Redlands, whom I studied under. Movement Education embodies the several aspects of music (such as phrasing) in a physical, kinetic form away from the instrument. The results are a much more meaningful performance, as music becomes much more sensational, using one’s entire existence and not just one sense, hearing.
Little Infants are the most amazing and loveable creatures in this whole wide world. Babies have 5 times more sensitive skin than an adult so they also need extra special care of every expect either clothing or baby products that we are using for them. If you are confused of what to shop for your new born baby then you don’t need to be embarrassed or worried because there are plenty of parents like you out there.
Many first time parents find themselves confused when it comes to buying clothes for their infant. From my experience I am telling you that buying clothes for these little adorable babies is a very exciting task. From the experience of raising 2 kids I would like to share some do’s and don’ts while buying clothes for your infant.
1. Give Priority to Fabric:-
There are varieties of fabrics available in the market for sensitive baby Skin. Always keep in mind that a baby’s skin is much more sensitive than you can even think of, that is the reason why parents must look for soft smooth and skin friendly fabric. You can turn the cloth inside out and feel the softness with your hand. Babies get rashes to easily so try to avoid harsh and scratchy stuff, they can harm baby’s soft skin. So cotton is the best option. Cotton cloth gets shrunk 10% after the first wash; buy 1 or two size ahead than your actual baby size.
2. Comfortable Clothes Gives You Happy Baby:-
Always buy comfortable cloth for your baby. Avoid harsh patches on the clothes. Look for no collar or soft collar upper-wear. The collar and the patches make the cloth adorable but does not feel comfortable for baby it can give rashes to baby’s neck. You will regret just after 5 minutes you put it on your beautiful child’s body. Make sure the cloth that you are buying has enough space to go through baby’s head; putting tight neck cloth through the newborn infant’s head can hurt him many ways.
3. Buy Clothes According to Weather:-
Always buy clothes that are appropriate for your baby according to the different weather conditions. For winter season consider one-piece outfits that even keeps baby feet warm. Avoid something like sticks around the baby’s waist and makes him comfortable. Don’t buy jeans or pants, although they look fashionable by they are not comfy. For summer season look for open neck cotton upper wear with soft shorts. Buy those cloths that can protect them for heat.
4. Save Money:-
Do not buy exact size cloth of infant always go for 1 or 2 Size ahead of its actual size, the reason behind is babies grow quickly and some fabrics get shrink 10% after first wash. Some stores sell clothes at cheaper rates when you buy them in sets, it does not mean you buy all clothes for summer only. If your baby is 8 months old, buy 14-18 months baby clothes also. You can even sell your old used baby clothes at various websites online.
1. Avoid Choking Hazards:-
Always avoid clothes with extra buttons and zips, your precious baby can swallow them accidentally and from time to time always look for any loose button and broken zip on baby cloth if there is any fix it or change the cloth. In summers buy open neck t-shirts for baby and for winter season buy one piece outfits with no button on sleeves.
2. Don’t Buy Expensive Fashionable Clothes:-
Never buy expensive clothes for your baby there are two reasons for it. First one is babies grow faster so soon those expensive clothes will be worth nothing. Summer clothes are of no use in winters vice versa. The Second the most important reason is fashionable clothes are not comfortable for babies they got patches, zips extra buttons and many more which can irritate baby skin even give him red patches.
3. Don’t Buy Tight Elastic:-
Try to avoid tight elastic pants, jeans, and t-shirt sleeves. Tight elastic cloth can make infant extremely uncomfortable and it can even scratch the part of the body where the elastic rubs. Always look for shorts or pants with mild elastic or with no elastic. Always consider skin friendly clothes for little toddler.
Some Tips Parents Must Take Into Consideration:-