Taking Care Of Your Leather Cord NecklaceOn November 9, 2016 by abah guru
Today jewelry is seen as a valuable, popular and the most elegant type of accessory which are for both men and women. Leather cord necklaces are said to be one of the most popular type of jewelry. Maintaining of jewelry is very important if one wishes to maintain the shine of their jewelry. Cleaning and maintaining of leather cord necklaces can be very challenging for anyone and may require one to buy specialized cleaning products which are very expensive.
Tips For Maintaining Your Leather Cord Necklace
If treated well, your leather cord necklace will last a long time. Most expensive types of leather necklaces are not treated which means that they will age gracefully. They will also have the character of an expensive leather necklace that is unique and distinct. Here are some tips on how to maintain your leather necklace.
– Store your necklace in a dust bag cover. Do not store it with other jewelry items, especially those made of metals. You must also not use a plastic bag to store your leather jewelry.
– If the weather condition is bad and you have to go outdoors, do not wear your necklace. Exposure to water or rain is not good for leather jewelry.
– Always wear your necklace after you have applied your makeup and perfume.
– Handle your necklace with clean hands.
– If your leather necklace is an expensive one, it is worth purchasing a quality leather protector spray.
– This will keep the leather from cracking or drying out. It will also prevent the leather from staining.
– Use a soft, damp cloth to get dirt off the necklace.
– Do not use a cleaner that contains oils because oils can trap dirt and moisture and stain the leather.
– If your necklace is stained such as by coming into contact with cosmetic products, hair sprays or fragrances, consider getting it cleaned by a professional cleaner.
– To keep your necklace looking its best, remove it when you go swimming or when bathing.
– Remove your necklace when engaging in strenuous activities because leather has the tendency to absorb perspiration and when it does, it will quickly lose its natural beauty.
– Avoid contact with any kind of liquids, aerosols, chemical dips because they can discoloration and even damage the leather.
– Use soft flannel bags to store your leather necklace.
To slow down the degradation process, it is advisable to keep the leather necklace in a tight container box to protect it from humidity. Although necklaces made of leather cord appear to be very hard to maintain at first glance, they can actually be maintained for several years without any scratches or damages appearing to it, and this can be achieved through proper care and attention.